This course acts as a refresher course for students who did not obtain their Maltese O’level or the desired grade. This can be done instead of the O’level as the same linguistic content is covered over a shorter period of time.
This course does not lead to a warranted profession but can be used by students who want to further their studies in different areas.
The entire course focuses on learning outcomes of communication skills.
The three modules are:
- Speaking and listening
The learner will be able to:
- Communicate with clarity, relevance, accuracy, and variety.
- Use language, experience and imagination to respond to new situations, create original ideas and make a positive impact.
- Scan, filter, and analyse different forms of information.
- Engage with issues inside and outside own community.
- Dealing with the familiar as well as with the unfamiliar.
The students will be continuously assessed throughout the course. This would make up 50% of the final grade. This continuous assessment would ensure that the students are not put under additional pressure and stress in order to get a good grade in their final assessment.
On the final day of the course, students will need to sit for a 2-hour test and complete a number of grammar exercises, a reading comprehension, and a short writing task.
The duration of this course is 7 weeks with x2 2 hour lectures per week.
This course will enable students to gain proficiency in Maltese at MQF level 3 and is structured to prepare students for the government test required for employment in the education sector.
No entry requirements