The objective of this course is to provide learners with a continuation on the specialised area of Real Estate, following the Award in Real Estate that covers all the legal financial, technical and communication issues related to real estate, its marketing and sale.
This course will provide for the 4 ECTS required to progress to role of agent, manager or broker within this field. This course consists of four study unit modules and will focus on the topic of Business Ethics, verbal and non verbal communication, financial matters and documentation and management of information systems providing for an excellent basis for a career within the named organisations. Building on what was learnt in the pre-requisite course, this qualification is designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
The aim of this course is to provide learners with a broad understanding of the roles and requirements for business to embed ethics and incorporate social responsibility. It provides learners with an understanding of the issues surrounding corporate social responsibility and ethics from national and international perspectives, verbal and non verbal communication, financial matters pertaining to their role as managers and the documentation and management of information systems.
The qualification is ideal for those who have started within the realm of Real Estate and are planning to move into a career as Property Brokers, Estate Agents and Branch Managers . Successful completion of this qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to apply for a licence to act as Real Estate Agent, Branch Manager or Property Broker in accordance with the Real Estate Agents, Property Brokers and Property Consultants Act [CAP.615]
This program aims to:
- Assist consultants to progress from property consultants to property brokers, estate agents and branch managers.
- Describe to learners the various aspects of Estate Agency – learners will be expected to present a slide show either as a group or individually, to show the extent of achievement of the learning objective
- Provide learners with opportunities to develop basic qualities that will make them work efficiently and excel during the training – learners will be guided on how to record data, so that they can easily see how they are progressing, and also be able to identify if everything is in accordance with planned objectives. This will motivate learners by showing them how near they are to completing learning objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be expected to have reached the following knowledge-based goals:
- obtain knowledge on business ethics pertaining to the work carried out by property brokers, agents and managers
- develop important soft skills that are essential to manage a team within an organization and to communicate with clients
- strengthen verbal and non verbal communication skills
- enhance financial knowledge
- display competence in using information systems and modern technologies
Learners will also be expected to possess the following skills by using the knowledge in class to
- embark on field survey of various types of real property
- identify those property under the brief of for sale / letting
- determine the types of agency on them;
- prepare a list of professional(formal) and unprofessional (informal) agents in Malta
- produce well-written report on integration of this informal with the formal agents
- prepare good slides for presentation showcasing marketing strategies of practicing property managers
- perform market analysis on various types of real property with evidence of transactions;
Class discussions will enable lecturers to monitor and track progress, and to identify if the above objectives are being achieved. This will be done via class presentations and case studies, as well as assessments by the mentor on the place of work.
Lectures of two hours each will be delivered once weekly for a duration of 10 weeks uniterruptedly. Learners will be expected to sit for an end-of-module test (EMT) that will take place at the end of each study unit except for MODULE 1 which will have a practice placement. The learners will be assessed by means of an EMT that will consist of a multiple-choice test with 15 MCQs to be completed in 30 minutes.