Future Focus offers seven different levels for English courses:
- Elementary – This course teaches those who understand very little English. It starts with the alphabet and numbers and continues to introduce easy English words. It will introduce the students to the different kinds of English words such as nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, pronouns, prepositions and conjunctions and how to use them properly. The students will learn how to form simple sentences like questions, statements and answers in a clear and understandable way.
- Starter – This course builds on the knowledge acquired in the Elementary course. Use of English words will be repeated and furthered. The student will be introduced to vocabulary for different everyday situations and will be encouraged to speak during the sessions. Hearing abilities will be trained as most of the exercises feature listening comprehension.
- Pre-intermediate – This course covers the different present tenses of verbs and introduces the student to vocabulary for various everyday situations. It teaches the forming of more complicated sentences and encourages the student to communicate in English.
- Intermediate – The student will learn more about past tenses and improve the use of the present tenses during the grammar revisions. The course will introduce more vocabulary and will thus enable the student to have longer and interesting conversations. The course teaches how to use bilingual and monolingual dictionaries and how to understand the meanings of stories and small texts.
- Upper-intermediate – The course improves the knowledge of grammar and introduces more new vocabulary. Grammar will be repeated from present over past to future tenses to ensure that the student understands all tenses completely and knows how to use them. The student will be introduced to long texts and will be asked to answer questions regarding the texts in order to test his comprehension skills.
- Advanced – The course guides the student to a level where he can hold a conversation fluently, knowing a large amount of everyday vocabulary and almost all the grammar aspects. The student can write private letters, hold a telephone conversation and is able to understand people who speak with an accent. Furthermore, the student will have the ability to translate short texts without a dictionary because knowledge of English has improved.
- Professional / Business English – The course covers a wide range of subjects of everyday life and business. The student will learn how to write business letters, negotiate, translate medium sized texts and how to use punctuation marks to make writing clear and easy to understand. The course will introduce commonly used telephone phrases and letter phrases and also teaches the correct layout of Business letters, faxes, memos, reports and emails.
Courses are held on a full time basis or on a part time basis or by distance learning. Ask for details.
There will be a maximum of 10 persons per class
These courses are designed for adult students of all ages.
Students must be at least 16 years old to apply
Price Euro 250 per week .
On application an online test is set to confirm standard chosen.
For an application form and further details, please contact Future Focus on +356 21 225884/ 221371 or e-mail to [email protected]